Stoney Creek Oldtimers Hockey Association
‘We all have to work tomorrow’
Since inception, this simple phrase has been the guiding principle in determining how each game is played, how the league functions and why the league continues to grow.
Stoney Creek Oldtimers Hockey Association( SCOHA), was created to provide a safe alternative for men and women thirty years and older who wish to continue to play our national game at the highest possible level with the emphasis on personal safety , camaraderie and mutual respect for each other- ‘we all have to work tomorrow’.
- We are a non contact league
- No slap shots
- Full equipment including Visors are mandatory
- SCOHA has developed a set of rules that are unique to our league to ensure player safety.
- In addition to rules relating to player safety, SCOHA has developed rules relating to player conduct, both during and post games
The league currently is set up as 3 divisions, each playing on separate nights.
- Junior Division [Friday nights]
It is considered the younger division, based on average age beginning at 30+ and a Friday night playing preference. Players are of all skill levels..
- Intermediate Division[Sunday / early evenings]
This division allows players of 40 + ages to compete at a fairly high level with an early Sunday evening playing preference.
- Masters Division [Sunday / early evenings]
This division allows players of 50 + ages to play with an early Sunday evening playing preference.
All three divisions emphasize sportsmanship and camaraderie.
We begin in early September and finish with playoff rounds and tournament by mid April.
Where We Play
All games are scheduled at the Mohawk Quad Pad in Hamilton. (There might be exceptions due to availability of ice on certain dates)
Currently all teams are comprised of 14 players. Each game is supervised by 2 on ice officials and a time keeper. All games are 2 periods/15 minutes/stop time.
Last Updated Tuesday, March 06 2018 @ 12:33 PM EST