SCOHA Update - Message from the President
Thursday, July 20 2006 @ 11:36 PM EDT
by Bill Curran
Joe LoCicero â€“ President Phone (905): 979-0972 Fax: (905) 578-2969
July 20, 2006
Dear SCOHA members,
I am writing this letter to update you on some exciting and positive things that we have accomplished for the 2006/2007 season.
- Our season will open with the â€œIce Breaker Weekendâ€ that will allow you to play three regular season games and get to know your new teammates and have some fun.
- Our membership is guaranteed 28 regular season games plus 1 play-off game for a cost of $360.00. The most amount of games in the city for no additional cost to you. This is an increase from 22 games last season.
- We are playing hockey on the Friday going into the March Break but not the Sunday and the reverse will happen on the following week. This should help those members that go away on the break.
- We have worked out a plan to reduce the down time between the end of our season and the April Fools tournament. There is now only a week apart.
- We listened to our members and at the AGM it was decided by our membership that will wear facial protection, visors etc., to encourage safety while we play.
- We have removed the policy of player protection at your request. This will promote fellowship amongst our members as they get to meet new teammates.
Our association is healthy both financially and in terms of new membership. I would like to remind you to get your registration form in quickly. The August 1st deadline is fast approaching. After this date registrations will be accepted on a first come basis.
We look forward to a new season about to begin and we look forward to speaking with you and seeing you on the ice in the weeks to come.