Dear SCOHA membership,
Another exciting year is about to begin and your executive would like to inform you on the events that have taken place over the off season. They were as follows:
- We have a 10 year agreement for our association at the Mohawk Quad pad with the most favorable times that we have ever had.
- We have expanded by 4 teams with 4 new team reps., 2 in each division. The Intermediate division (Old â€œBâ€ division) is full and the Junior division (Old â€œAâ€ division) is close to full. If you know someone who is interested in playing tell them to hurry!
- We were able to improve our rating system by changing to a system that rates players from level 6 down to level 1 to improve parity. A focus group made up of experienced team reps in both divisions along with the executive was formed and every player was re-rated. Special thanks go out to Terry Gudgeon and all of those individuals involved in the process.
- New players coming into our league were asked to go out for an hour of shinny in order to evaluate their abilities and all team reps were asked to come out for their input.
- 11 sets of new sweaters were purchased to replace old sweaters.
- The alcohol & drug policy was reviewed and we will be asking our membership to once again sign a form acknowledging the policy. We encourage you to enjoy yourself at Squires look out lounge upstairs after the game.
- Stricter rules were put in for fighting that could lead to ejection from our league for dropping your gloves and fighting so that all members can enjoy the game without the worry of inappropriate behavior.
- We have begun a drive for sponsors to keep our cost as low as possible and we are pleased to tell you that we have some new sponsors already. If you know of anyone who is interested in sponsoring please contact us for details.
Your executive, Tom Burns â€“ Past President, Dan Austin V.P. â€“ Junior division, Joe Venditti V.P. â€“ Intermediate division, Frank Scattolon â€“ Treasurer, Bill Curran â€“ Secretary, Jim Mercanti & Steve Doyle â€“ Executive at large and I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new members.
As always, we look forward to your positive comments and we are pleased to serve you, our SCOHA membership for the 2005/2006 season. Have fun this season.
Joe Lo Cicero - President-SCOHA