Your Executive is happy to report that after two excellent meetings, one involving our 24 team captains and one with the management of the Mohawk Four Ice Center, we are pleased to announce some exciting changes that came into effect as of November 20th. They are as follows:
- Under normal circumstances, all games are to be played until concluded. Games are not to be curfewed.
- All players and officials are expected to be on the ice and ready to begin once the 18:00 minute clock begins.
- 18:00 minutes will be put on the clock and the clock will commence after the zamboni leaves the ice. The clock will stop at the 15:00 minute mark and not commence until the puck is dropped to start the game.
- The captain for each team will identify himself to the referees and they are the only players that may speak to the referees.
- All referees will legibly sign the game sheets and fill out necessary notations needed for disciplinary issues.
- Any profane language during the game by players or officials will not be tolerated. They may face expulsion.
- Team captains will ensure that the game sheets are signed by the players. The game is not to begin until all players have signed the game sheet. Failure to do so may result in a delay of game penalty.
These changes will allow the games to flow better and alleviate frustration over curfews. As always SCOHA promotes fellowship and comradery while playing the sport of hockey. Have fun out on the ice and we will be happy to talk to you at the rink.
Joe LoCicero President-SCOHA